What You’ll Need To Get the Griddle Ready
You’ll need to get the griddle ready before cooking on it. You should have all of these things for this step:
- Once you’ve taken the Griddle out of its shipping box, make sure that all parts are included and in place by consulting your user manual.
- You don’t need to be a professional chef or an expert on kitchen appliances in order to make great food. The typical griddle’s operation technique and working mechanism are identical to classic ones, so following simple steps will show you how easy it can work with your new device.
- To avoid starting a fire, be sure the battery is properly inserted in your ignition switch before turning on the griddle.
- Make sure that the propane gas cylinder is properly attached to its corresponding pipe. Switch on and let it out through a gas control valve.
- To start the griddle, turn on the valve until you hear a flame. Then press your ignition button and hold it down while simultaneously turning the knob to a high position.
- When frying food, always warm the griddle for 3-5 minutes prior to placing your meal on it. This will help produce optimal results and avoid most of those pesky burnt bits.
Your griddle is now the perfect tool for cooking any dish you want.
- Check your work and make sure you’ve positioned the griddle plate properly in four holes (2 on each side).
- You’ll need to clean the griddle after cooking on it so that you can get rid of any food or dirt residue. First, wipe down with a moist cloth until there are no more spills coming from around its edges; then dry fully before storing away in an easily accessible place for future use.
- In order to prevent a dangerous buildup of pressure, make sure that all connections are tight and there aren’t any leaks before you start cooking.
- Place your battery on the igniter button. To get started, remove the screw from your device and insert a battery. Put the screw back in place and tighten it using just your fingers.
- Check that all of the shelves are secure and won’t fall over.
- Make sure you have a new, properly installed propane tank. Make note of its OPD valve if it has one because this will help prevent leaks.
- Griddles are most effective when placed in a wind-protected area.
- The last step is to make sure that your casters are in place and all locks work as they should.
First Startup Tips
- Check that you have the griddle plate positioned properly in four holes (2 on each side).
- The propane tank should be brand new and have an OPD valve. If you’re not sure, ask one of our knowledgeable staff members.
- Your propane tank should be at least half full or empty to maintain its efficiency.
- The griddle should be placed as far from any approaching winds or large breezes that may carry away its smoke.
- The propane stove should be turned on.
- Put the left burner on high.
- The moment you press the igniter button, a ticking sound will fill your ears. Listen for this noise. Don’t look down into the space in between the griddle and burners.
- You should hear the first burner lighting up followed by ticking. Allow 30 seconds for it to heat up before you continue.
- The second burner should be started the same way.
- Light all the burners on your griddle.
Suggestions on how to use the controls
Griddles provide an excellent way to cook vegetables and meat. They can be used as a pan or pot, but their strong concentration of heat will leave your dish cooked thoroughly on the surface without burning it.
The Blackstone Griddle is a great addition to your kitchen as it not only has adjustable temperature control but also allows you to fine-tune cooking techniques and maximize texture and taste. The versatile, two-in-one griddle/ sear cooker is perfect for when you’re on the go. With replaceable cast iron plates that can be changed without any tools needed it’s easy to switch from searing &griddling at your leisure. The best thing about this is that you don’t have to worry about scrubbing after cooking with gas. Simply turn off the flame, wipe down any counters in sight, and put it all away before bedtime.
The Blackstone griddle has some of the most ingenious features I’ve seen in a long time. From its foldable legs, which make moving around easy for you – even when it’s fully cooked and ready to use! And don’t forget about how great these things work: they come with castor wheels so that changing positions is simple as well; plus there are locks on them too just in case someone tries putting their weight onto one side while cooking food at high heat levels (which can cause an imbalance).
Switch for Gas Control
The gas controller switch allows you to manage the flame and temperature of your griddle, giving it a range from high to low. You can adjust these settings according to what works best for you. The dual-control cooking system on the griddle allows you to cook a range of food items while adjusting the temperature for two distinct settings at once.
The Outdoor Gas Griddle is a great way to cook up your favorite breakfast or brunch recipe, and the results will be excellent. The most versatile cookers on the market allow you to switch between temperatures and functions with just one touch of a button. You can even have your food cooked at different rates in each zone, allowing for more options than ever before.
To avoid food from sticking to the griddle, be sure and give it a good coating of oil before cooking. We’ll show you how to season your griddle in the next articles. When you’re finished cooking, turn off all of your burners and make sure to close the propane tank valve as well.
Editor’s Choice: Top-list Outdoor Griddles
- Best Small Flat-Top Grills (Outdoor Griddles)
- The best table-top propane gas grill
- Best gas grill and griddle combo on 2022