Grilling a filet mignon over charcoal provides a unique flavor that’s hard to replicate with other cooking methods. Whether you’re grilling in the backyard or at a campsite, it’s possible to make restaurant-quality steak following these simple steps:
1. Begin by preheating your grill until the coals are glowing red and lightly coated with white ash. Once heated, spread the coals evenly across the bottom of the grill.
2. Next, season your filet mignon generously with salt and pepper on both sides before placing it directly on top of the hot coals.
3. Let cook for about 5 minutes per side (for medium-rare steak), flipping once halfway through.
4. After the steak has cooked through, remove it from the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes in order to ensure optimal juiciness when eaten.
5. To finish, serve your filet mignon with a side of vegetables or potatoes for a delicious meal!
With these steps, you can easily cook a restaurant-quality filet mignon on a charcoal grill. Enjoy!